Wednesday, September 4, 2013

TRAVEL - IN: ANTIGUA GT


I would like to dedicate some of my posts this month to my beloved Guatemala. On September 15th, we're celebrating the independence day from Spain, Oh yeah and unfortunately it's sunday, which means that there's not holyday for us. 

Antigua Guatemala is my favorite place here in my country, every time I go there I don't want to come back, thank God it's only 45 minutes away from the City, so it's very easy for me to go there, when ever I want. 



Este mes, quiero dedicar algunos posts para mi querida Guate. El 15 de septiembre, celebramos el día de la Independencia de España, y tristemente cae domingo, lo que significa que no tendremos feriado. 

Antigua Guatemala, es mi lugar favorito aquí en mi país, cada vez que voy no quiero regresar, gracias a Dios, está a solo 45 minutos de la ciudad, por lo que es muy fácil para mi ir cuando quiera hacerlo.  



Central Park / Parque Central



Cathedral / Catedral 


Antigua is a spanish Baroque Architecture influence city, that was founded in 1543 as the third Capital City of Guatemala. On 1974 it was declare UNESCO World Heritage Site.


Antigua, es una ciudad con influencia arquitectónica barroca española, que fue fundada en 1543 como la tercera Ciudad Capital de Guatemala. En 1974 fue declarada Patrimonio Mundial de la Humanidad por la UNESCO. 



The Arch Street / La calle del arco 






Details / Detalles

I love some unexpected details that you can find in any street, of this amazing colonial city. I'm going to show you some, and I hope you love it as I do! 


Me encantan los detalles inesperados que puedes encontrar en cualquier calle, de esta impresionante ciudad colonial. Les voy a mostrar algunos detalles y espero que los amen como yo! 




Windows / Ventanas




Doors / Puertas



Frontispice detail of a church in ruin / detalle de frontispicio de una iglesia en ruinas.


If you want to visit this place, or want more info go to:


Si te interesa visitar este lugar, o quieres más información puedes ir a:

http://www.visitguatemala.com/en/destinos/guatemala-modern-and-colonial
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/65
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/guatemala/antigua

No comments:

Post a Comment